You work hard all year, waiting for your annual leave. You save your hard earned cash for that much needed break away. The question most of us ask ourselves when it comes to planning a family holiday is “where should we go?”. The ideal family holiday location caters to both the adults and the kids, it’s has all the amenities young families look for. Somewhere you can chill out in the evenings but keep busy in the day. A place where the kids are entertained and the adults can relax. The Costa Del Sol is an ideal location for a number of reasons!
The Sunshine Coast
300 days of sunshine a year
A quick flight
I know this is a big factor for us. It’s no fun for anyone to be stuck on a plane with bored, tired kids for long. The flight takes just over the length of a kids movie so you can chill out and get your holiday off to a good start.
There’s plenty to choose from when it comes to picking a place to stay. Each type has its benefits, if you enjoy the hustle and bustle of a hotel there are plenty of budget options with kids clubs and pools. If you’re more into relaxing and taking it slow renting a villa or an apartment might be more up your street. ClickStay have plenty of options for villas around the costa! We normally stay near the coast so an apartment like this Clickstay apartment in Benalmadena would be perfect for us.
Things to do
There’s so much to keep the kids entertained and a lot that the adults will enjoy too! No matter where you stay along the coast its so easy to get around because of Spains brilliant train network and the buses, public transport is so cheap.
- Castillo del Colomares – a magical castle with a 16 stop tour, kids and parents will love it
- Cable Cars – take a trip up the mountains for some breathtaking views and to visit Jardin de la Aguilas “The Garden of Eagles” for a brilliant birds of prey show.
- Selwo Delfinarium – Watch dolphin shows, bird shows and get up close to some monkeys
- Paloma Park – completely free and the perfect place to sit and watch the kids play
- Butterfly park – if you have a nature lover they’ll love this experience
- Crocodile park – home to over 200 crocodiles
- Aqualand waterpark – the largest waterpark on the costa del sol, 10 slides for adults, 15 for kids and a safe play area
- Bio-parc – a zoo and endangered species breeding centre
- Adventure golf
- Costa water park – an inflatable water park in the sea
No matter where you decide to go along the Costa Del Sol you’ll be sure to find plenty to keep everyone happy and entertained!
*This is a collaborative post*